Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Two Motorcycles

When I left for work this morning it was misty. The streets were wet and the skies were foggy. We had a slow moving van in front of us down Burnt Hickory but when I reached Marietta Square all was clear.

I pulled up to a red light, and I was the only one in my lane and I waited. Two loud Harley Davidson's pulled up behind me. The two guys were yelling over their belching machines. Since it was still dark out their headlights blinded me from both side and rearview mirrors. They pulled up very close, right on my bumper. They were being obnoxious.

When the light changed green I took off like a rocket on rails just to get away from the blinding lights. I left them far behind. I let off the throttle a bit as I was coming up on my left turn.

I must have ticked them off because they were coming up fast behind me. Then, as I glanced in my rearview mirror, I saw blue lights mixed with the white headlights. They were coppers! Opppppssssss.

He was nice enough. Asked where I was going. I told him the truth. Why should I lie?

"You pulled away from the light pretty fast there."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was trying to get away from the bright lights behind me."

He asked for my driver's license and went back to check out my history.

I was pawing through all my insurance papers when he came back and said:

"I'm going to give you a warning. I know you have a fast car and all but it's dark out here and you've got to be careful."

I was thinking: Yeah, well, if you wouldn't pull up at my bumper and blind me with your headlights...but I said:

"Thank you sir."

I had pulled over to a side narrow road. So I started up and drove to the top where it was barricaded. I turned around in a driveway at the end. Meanwhile the ticketing cop decided to make the sharp turn on the wet inclined road and dumped his bike. He waived me past while he restarted his hog.

Heh, heh, honest revenge. Later dudes.

...dave
The best safety device for a car is a rearview mirror with at cop in it.

0 comments: