Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Finding old stuff

It's a challenge to clean out a desk. If I could do it blindfolded, I'd get it done quicker. But how would THAT work? Trouble is, as I go through the desk I discover all kinds of neat stuff I forgot I had (or didn't know I had).

For example, I found some old "love poems." You know, that embarrassing stuff you squirrel away after it's served it's useful purpose. I'm referring to the "If You Had A Wish" poem I wrote for Ruth during our courtship days, way, way, back in 1979. Yikes!

So I dusted it off and posted it at gotverse.blogspot.com the place where I post my (or sometimes others) poetry.

It's a bit sappy, but was fun to write. Although, she probably didn't marry me for my gift of verse, or lack thereof, it MIGHT have helped.

...dave
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." -Lissette

0 comments: