Monday, May 09, 2005

Writers In Touch

People are like birds, fishes, and elephants, they travel in flocks, schools, and herds. And that's why you can find any group to share ideas with on the Internet. Think of it like the wildernesss watering hole.

Like writing for example. If you like to write, you are in for lots of company. There are LOTS of writers out there. Some good writers, and some better. (I don't really want to say they are bad, but many are.)

So, I found this Writers In Touch forum. It's a website with various links to all kinds of stuff for writers. The main reason I joined was to get a little exposure and a few suggestions for help in the creative writing process.

You can post an article, and presto, someone comments on it. I thought: "What better way to improve?" Sooooo . . . I posted The Programming Team just for fun. I really expected to get some suggestions.

The only "suggestions" I got was make it longer! I guess they were expecting some great novel or something but these are just sketches, just observations about, well, really nothing. What were they thinking? Hemingway?

So now what? What's a budding artist to do?

...dave
Writing is no trouble: you just jot down ideas as they occur to you. The jotting is simplicity itself - it is the occurring which is difficult. -Stephen Leacock

0 comments: