Friday, July 22, 2005

NYC or bust

I spent about eight years in NYC back in the late 70s and early 80s. Every five years or so we migrate to the Big Apple. Tomorrow we leave for about a week's stay in the city.

Our plans are to visit The Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art), Central Park, Brooklyn Heights, Ground Zero and Times Square. We've heard that the city (that is the people of the city) have become more friendly since 911. I don't know, maybe I'm jaded, but friendly New Yorker's? It's an oxymoron. That's like saying I've got a truck sports car. How can THAT be? It no make sense. We'll see. We'll know soon enough when we get in the taxi. That's usually a good gage of niceness. I just don't think it would be the same if the taxi driver doesn't insult me when I get in. I'll feel like I'm visiting another planet.

We'll be staying at 46th street and sixth avenue at a Super 8. It's got some great ratings and lots of good feedback, continental breakfast, iron, blow dryer, and free wireless Internet. So I'll bring the iBook and post some pics here in the next few days.

It just seems all like a dream. Nice taxi drivers, free continental breakfast, free wireless. What is this world coming to?

...dave
"A car is useless in New York, essential everywhere else. The same with good manners." -Mignon McLaughlin quotes

0 comments: