Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Do people really do this stuff for a living?

The last class on Monday night was tough. After a whole day of going to these sessions, I think I'll go mad.

The guy presenting at this session is in the front of a room so long, when I walked in I felt like like I just stepped into the fuselage of an airplane. The screen is so far away they should have handed out binoculars at the door. I walked half way through the tube, found a seat on the wall, and tuned in to his speech.

The speaker was talking English but I couldn't make out what he was talking about. I could understand the words but not the meaning. It felt like I was in a dream. I did write down what he said in hopes of understanding it in the morning:

"With a processing class of 20 equal to z this will update the amount value in the z-table. If you use p12-3 as a constant you'll have a zero UND infotype wage type."

Huh? I am NOT wasting brain cells on this kind of stuff. I can't take much more of this. I need to bail. Wait, what did he say?

"Here's the best one. I really like this one. Amount less than KZ01"

If this is his favorite, I'd hate to hear what really bores him!

That's it, I'm leaving.

How can people do this stuff for a living?

...dave
If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves. -Lane Kirkland

0 comments: