Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bits of Wisdom

Since I spend so much time in meetings, I collect short quotes. Here are a few bits of wisdom I've gathered:

If you answer your own questions, the other person is superfluous.

Reading without applying is like going to the gym without exercising.

Leave the past where it should be.

It's all theory until you put it into practice.

People risk their life to get things when life itself is the most import thing.

If you drove to the sun 24 hours a day for 7 days a week at 100 mph, it would take you 100 years to reach it.

We have guided missiles and misguided men. - Martin Luther King Jr.

No person exists that uses the full potential of his brain. Why then would you place your confidence in humans?

Back away from the microscope of the imperfections of others.

A courtship lacking honor is not a foundation on which to build your marriage.

Focus on essentials. (A high wire walker only brings what he needs.)

Emotion has no rudder.

Allow people their own opinion.

Don't become roommates with your spouse, reacting without interacting.

...dave
I either get what I want or I change my mind. -Dreams For An Insomniac

0 comments: