Monday, November 07, 2005

Boring Meetings

I try to say focused at company meetings but sometimes it's just too hard. People just like to hear themselves talk. I swear, some folks just like the sound of their voice!

There is one guy that spouts off about stuff that is irrelevant. He knows it, we know it, everyone knows it, but they just let him continue. I'd say something if I were the one that called the meeting. If I can sneak out, I'll exit quietly. Otherwise I'm stuck.

So I'll pull out the old Chinese flash cards (I'm sitting in the back of the room) and I start going through them. I can memorize about 20 cards in 15 minutes.

Sometimes I forget to bring the cards. I may just have my work journal. On this particular meeting I started to draw. Since I was in the back, I started drawing the backs of heads.

Great fun!

...dave
Empty vessels make the most noise.

0 comments: