Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Foggy Mornings

It's been foggy these last few days. Of course, I leave so early I never really notice it until the sun comes up during coffee.

This morning I went in later and caught this picture with the new digital. The unusual thing about this picture is that the horse was way off in the distance. When I raised the camera up to my eye he started sauntering over to me. I took several images of him as he got closer thinking that eventually he's stop and I'd take the best picture. But I was surprised to see him come right up to me and stick his nose into my lens. I had to back up a bit to put some distance between us.

Horses are magnificent creatures. Such power poised behind a quiet gentleness.

...dave
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Or a variation . . .
You can throw a corpse into water but you can't make it sink.

0 comments: