Thursday, March 16, 2006

Time for Tea

Maybe I haven't mentioned this before but . . . I really love White Tip Earl Grey tea from specialteas.com.

I was first introduced to it by Kevin Walker in California. I was telling Kevin that I have to get off of coffee, at least for a while. My system was shutting down and I needed a replacement.

He said: "Wait right here and I'll be back in five minutes. You'll drink something that's fantastic!"

He was gone in a flash while I sat outside in under his trellis of posies. The sun was setting, his outside water feature was calming and I began to close my eyes and rest.

I heard Kevin say: "Try this."

I opened my eyes to a carmel colored cup of hot tea. It's fragrance was divine. Kevin had placed a very small amount of sugar to give it a sweet honey taste.

Kevin told me he has this tea each morning before starting his day. I was hooked.

In appreciation of Kevin's suggestion and gift of some of his tea, I wrote this poem.

Some six years later I'm drinking the same liquid.


I use a simple tea infuser, a 10 cup white tea pot, electric tea kettle, electronic tea timer, and of course, White Tip Earl Grey.

It's great any time.

I still drink my Peets Coffee in the morning and after a heavy Italian meal (Blend 101 is fantastic), but I still have my tea anytime.

...dave
Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea. -Sydney Smith

0 comments: