Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sitting at Barnes & Noble

I'm trying to sell my Boxster. I'm sitting here in front of Barnes & Noble drinking a huge mug of dark coffee.

It's 5:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I've decided to park the Boxster right here out front with the FOR SALE sign on it and watch the people go by. Already a red neck on a cell phone said to me: "Nice car!" And I returned: "You'd look good in this."

Lots of folks are walking by and looking at it. Even a little girl likes it. It's her size. I've got the top down so folks can walk right up and look inside, kind of visualize themselves driving. I'm thinking someone may call the number on the sign not knowing it's my car. I'm right out front so I could just walk right up to them from behind.

Wait, some old codger is dialing and looking at the car. That's cool. He actually looks like he could afford it. Oh, wait, my phone isn't ringing. Never mind. False alarm. He's calling someone else. The nerve, standing in front of MY car, looking at MY sign, and then calling another number. What is he thinking? Rats, I thought I had a live one there for a moment.

There sure is a lot of people traffic here. I hope this works. It's posted on a web site at www.autosahead.com and as a result I got a call from a guy yesterday. Maybe with the better weather more will call.

Meanwhile I'll sketch, study and read and wait for my phone to ring.

...dave
Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing. -Alexander Woollcott

0 comments: