Thursday, June 01, 2006

Books I'm Reading

My English reading has slowed some since trying to focus on Chinese but I still like a good book. Here are a few books that are pretty good reads:

The 2005 Best American Travel Writing
(Trying to understand what great travel writing really is.)

The Professor and the Madman - Simon Winchester
(a little disturbing)

The Meaning of Everything - Simon Winchester
(soon to start)

River Town - Peter Hessler
(Great read about an American who lived in China for two years)

Influence Without Authority - Cohen Bradford
(for work)

I know I'm not averaging two books a month. I'm having a hard time keeping up! There are 150,000 new books printed in the U.S. each year. That's an average of 410 a day. At an average of 350 pages each, that's just 143,835 pages a day and just 6,000 pages an hour. Hmmm...it's not going to happen.

...dave
"To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." Ecclesiastes 12:12

0 comments: