Monday, January 08, 2007

Stuff to do

My recent journal entries have just stuff I have to do. I'm telling you, if I don't get the house done and move Ruth from the basement, she'll put me in the basement and it'll be where I LIVE.

So I make lists, lots of lists. I analyze what I have to do and how to do it. Like this sketch of what I had to do to our bedroom floor. Rip up the 3/4 inch sub-floor, plane the joists, and screw it back down. Putting in the wood flooring was a cake walk. It's all the prep work that kills me.

And my back. This is hard work, bending over, nailing and beating in the boards. Tough stuff for the office worker. Would I do it again? Yeah, 'cause I'm saving big bucks. I figure I'm saving about $4,500 in just the labor of putting the floor in. All the prep work would be extra of course.

Although I'm making great progress (the floor is really complete) my journal still has lots of lists of TODOs. And I haven't even started on the outside!

I'm looking forward to completing the office so that I can move my books into it. There I can just look at the outside and dream of what must be done.

...dave
"A home without books is a body without soul." -Marcus Tullius Cicero

0 comments: