Thursday, November 15, 2007

breakfast


sketch journal
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
Sometimes I get up at 5:00 a.m. I don't know why my body does this to me. I just take advantage and have breakfast at home.

This morning I had bite-sized shredded wheat. There were a few squares left over after so I decided to draw my bowl, spoon and the cereal.

It's strange this drawing phase I'm going through. When I draw I lose track of time. In just a few minutes it was time to rush off to work. I leave at 6:18. No earlier. No later.

I like sketching facing pages like this. It gives me a chance to do an initial sketch and then enhance it the next day. Or if I don't get a chance to to sketch a day, the next day I can catch up.

I really like the combination of sketching and journaling. Words and images appeal to me somehow. I'm not sure why.

I've done a few washes over the ink but always come back to pure black and white. I'm sort of a binary kind of guy I guess. Maybe it's somehow connected to my tech background?

I'll post a wash tomorrow to give an idea of what appeals to me if I I'm not feeling strictly binary.

Until tomorrow.

...dave
If you're supposed to live each day as if it was your last, when are you supposed to do laundry?

0 comments: