Friday, October 31, 2008

custom blackberry holster


custom blackberry holster
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
Sometimes you just have to make your own stuff. Or at least, figure out how to modify it. I hate the idea of paying 30 bucks for a Blackberry holster.

Thirty bucks? Are you kiddin' me? That's my allowance for an entire month. That's more than I spent on my phone. For a phone pouch you wanted how much again?

These people don't realize we are in a recession. Look, if the U.S. Government is giving national banks billions of dollars (well, okay, loaning) wouldn't that give you a clue we are in distressed times? And you want me to give you 30 frog skins for a leather pouch the size of a postage stamp. Come on people!

There's a friendly guy at my local shoe shop where I get new soles for my penny loafers. I took it to him. I showed him what I wanted (see sketch). A day later I picked up my new holster for $12. Now that's service.

I think these malls need to mark a few things down. Their prices are higher than a helium balloon. They all need to deflate their prices and come back to earth.

...dave
You can survive a stroke but the high prices for medication can give you a heart attack. - Berni Mac

0 comments: