Saturday, June 23, 2012

Teaching in China

Well it's been over a year since we moved to China. I guess I ought to consider getting a job. You think?

I have been enjoying this little hiatus, you know hanging out at Starbucks, playing ping pong in our exercise area, and just generally having an awesome time talking to the locals.

One of my local friends here asked if I'd go into business with him and open an English teaching school. Hmmmm....sounds interesting but I don't really want to be tied down to a full time job. I'll think about it.

In the meantime I did accept a job teaching computers to high school students. They all have rich parents that will send them off to America and so need to know the basics of computing. It's decent pay and it only requires a few hours a week. My kind of schedule.

And yet, I'll miss my freedom, my favorite coffee shop of leather chairs, great jazz music, and of course my iPad. Ah, that's the life.

But I need cash to pay for my coffee habit. It's true I roast my own beans now but sometimes it's worth the price to get someone else to do it.

...dave
My coffee is so strong it wakes up the neighbors. - anon

Theoretically Related Posts

1 comments:

Blue Bakelite Radio said...

It has taken me a long while to discern what I'm looking at in the photograph. At first I thought it was down a long hallway. Then I wondered if this hallway shot had been rotated... now I realize we're looking straight up :)