Saturday, October 11, 2003

Crazy Classes

While taking a class on project management the instructor would roam the room as he talked. At one point while the class worked in the notebooks he came to the back row and started messaging my shoulders. "Ah, no, I'm fine, really." He said that he messages in addition to teaching. In fact, usually brings his message table with him from city to city since now he has regular clientele at each place he teaches. I was busy doing the workbook part of the class so wasn't paying him much attention. One of the other guys next to me rolled his eyes but the instructor didn't see him. I suppressed a giggle because I was afraid it would erupt into uncontrollable laughter.

He went back to the front to pick up where he left off since all in the class had finished the workbook. At each successive chapter there were a few problems to be worked out by each person in the class at which point the instructor would return to the back and give more details about his side job. He told us about the message center he had in Sonoma California. It's located on a hill he said. It's secluded. People come from miles around to get the full body experience. Whatever THAT is. I tried to shut him out by working on the problems in the book and ignoring him but he blathered on.

"I often mow my lawn in the nude. There's no one around. I mean what does it matter?"

I don't need to know this. This is too much information. This is more than I could take. I left for some coffee and took a quick look behind me at the guy next to me who was making a quick exit too.

Can you believe this? In a business center? At a professional seminar? What is wrong with these people?

...dave
I don't jog. It makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

0 comments: