365 Journal Entries

Capturing life's momentary events


Writing Humor

I've become more aware of how bad my writing is after reading several web sites about writing for the web This stuff is scary. I never knew I had such a responsibility to the reading public.

Really though, if the writing at a site I visit is so bad I DON'T KEEP GOING BACK! I guess that would hold the same for here and folks that visit this site.

I'm mostly about entertainment here. I may get serious for a sentence or two, but generally the lighter side is the rule. Well, I TRY to make it the rule. Which brings me to another point about humor. Most people enjoy humor on a web page but not the puny kind. Besides, puns don't translate well for international visitors (if you are gifted enough to draw them that is).

Anyway the REAL point I wanted to make here is that the site went so far as to suggest different TYPES of humor such as: aggressive, cynical, irreverent, nonsense, and physical. I got to thinking, Hey, I should try to use these different types. Yeah, I should be so gifted. Now, what in the world is physical humor on a web site? Slapstick cartoons?

Then I got to thinking, "What kind of humor do I like?" and "What do I generally write?" It's not that I write to be funny it's just that things strike me as humorous and I want to convey that view to others.

...dave
Not that I want to be a god or a hero. Just to change into a tree, grow for ages, not hurt anyone. ~Czeslaw Milosz

0 Responses to “Writing Humor ”

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

365 in your inbox


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Or get it on your Kindle



Love the site or find it helpful? You can donate whatever you'd like.




Archives



© 2008 365 Journal Entries | www.daveterry.net | Site Feed | Back to top
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.