Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Simple Things

It's true, simple things make life enjoyable.

As I sit here and write this I have my cup of tea nearby. It has such a clean, pure taste. I tilt the cup and warmth spills into me. Wonderful. I always add just a small amount of sugar, about a half cube and it's perfection.

A simple cup of tea makes life enjoyable. Of course, White Tip Earl Grey tea is preferred whenever possible. Also, not necessary, but certainly preferred, is genuine white crystal sugar. It's best when mixed with a hot cup of White Tip Earl Grey.

Now I know that you're thinking: "Wusseys drink tea, real men grab a mug of black coffee." But I beg to differ. I know a construction contractor who has his tea every morning under his trellis of posies. You don't know what you're missing until you drink a premium cup of tea.

Whenever I'm writing by hand I always use a journal, a leather journal. As you open the journal, the tanned leather aroma reaches your olfactory cells (the nose). Ah, the simple life.

Life is about a White Tip Earl Grey cup of tea with a few nuggets of rock sugar while writing in an aromatic tanned leather journal using a gold-tipped fountain pen. I didn't mention the gold-nibbed fountain pen? Did I forget that? You gota have a fountain pen. You should have a fountain pen with a gold nib for smooth, glass-like writing pleasure. It's part of those simple things I've been talking about. But I digress.

It's true, you COULD just drink a cup of water while writing with a #2 pencil on a scrap piece of paper but wouldn't that be sort of, you know, barbaric?

...dave
We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We recently served Earl Gray tea at a cold and rainy afternoon social gathering and it was a big hit. Thanks for the tip.
...your mom