Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Chinese Talk Aftermath

Chinese talk is over. As I read with knitted brow, all in attendance patiently listened and nodded, maybe they were sleeping. I later asked them if they could understand me. They all said: "Yes, we can understand what you say." but they were just being polite.

At work I have several opportunities to speak with Chinese associates. They seem to understand. In fact, today I met our IT Director in China. We had a chance to speak briefly. I'm hoping for a lunch with him next week. It's at the ground level over there. He's the only guy in IT.

Today someone gave me an assignment to translate ten Chinese characters. When you can't even read the characters this is a challenge. I have a great dictionary though, so I'm making progress. I'll have it done by morning, if I don't sleep.

...dave

0 comments: