Thursday, September 01, 2005

Relief Work

I got an opportunity to go in to help some in Mississippi tomorrow. So I'll go in to work for a few hours in the morning and then drive in.

Tonight I spent three hours shopping in Costco and Walmart buying water, food, and a generator. I've loaded up the van. The plan is to drive in for about seven hours. I've heard that there is a checkpoint. I've heard they'll let us in as long as we are bringing things in. Finding gas on the way in may also be a challenge.

There is no water nor power. Our goal is to drop off the supplies, stay a night, and ride back out.

I'll take some pictures. I've also heard that cell coverage is spotty so I'm not sure how much I can post here until I get back.

So, I'm going in...

...dave
Unknown
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogs help students think for themselves
Blogging is helping students to think and write more critically, says an Australian researcher, and can help draw out people who would otherwise not engage in debate.
Hey there, you've got a great blog here! I'm thinking of bookmarking your site!

I have a fuji film digital camera site. It pretty much covers fuji film digital camera
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)