Sunday, November 13, 2005

Buzz Cut

I'm going to buzz my hair one of these days. Just like my brother-in-law.

Ruth tells me: "No!" but I'm determined.

How about on our next long trip? I'm thinking for the China trip. Then I don't have to hassle with the blow dryer, spray, etc. etc. It's a pain as it is.

Several at work buzz their hair, guys AND girls! One of the guys I work with SHAVES his head. He shaves it so close it shines.

I see this as simplification.

I guess I could try the chrome dome style, but Ruth says I don't have the head for it. Now, what's THAT supposed to mean? What is she really saying? That I don't have the perfect head?

A buzz job would mean I could get 10 more minutes of sleep every night! No need to wet and blow dry. No need to comb. In fact, why not get dressed right from bed? I could just have my clothes by the bedside, firehouse style. The alarm goes off, I jump into my shoes and pants (sitting right next to the bed), lean back on the nearby chair into my shirt and coat. And I'm off.

I could shave in the car. The electric shaver would work well. Why not? People prepare for work everyday IN THEIR CARS. Girls with the lipstick and mascara, using the rear view mirror. Guys with the shavers and phones. I'd be no different.

Why didn't I think about this before?

Wow, that would give me 20 more minutes of sleep every day. That's an hour and 40 minutes a week and about eight hours of sleep every month. That makes it all seem worthwhile.

Now all I have to do is install a fire pole so that I can slide into the garage. Could save an extra half a minute.

...dave
I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important than others.

0 comments: