Tuesday, December 13, 2005

360 Degree Spins

I know some do it on purpose but I didn't. It's strange to see the world in a 360 degree spin, that is, outside of a carnival.

It was early morning and dark when a car in front of me did a zig so I did a zag. It looked like I cleared him so I gave it a little gas just to put some distance between us. I crested a slight hill and that lifted the car just enough to break my traction. Within seconds I was facing him, then I wasn't, and then I was. As the car spun I got to see all four compass points. Coowl.

A car with a mid-engine likes to spin so I pointed into the turn, let off the gas, and went for a ride. When it slowed just enough I corrected in hopes of proceeding on my way forward. But the car had another idea, and started to spin in the other direction. Finally, it came to a stop in the middle of the road with drivers gawking at me from both directions.

That's it, I'm going to get my rear tires replaced.

How much?

Don't ask.

Oh yeah, I posted some more pictures here. If you liked the others, you may like these. If you didn't like the others, then, well, why are you, oh never mind.

...dave
Yesterday is a cancelled check; Tomorrow is a promissory note; Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely. -Kim Lyons

0 comments: