Saturday, December 31, 2005

The last post?

Well it's been a long haul. I've reached the end of the countdown.

Just 365 days ago I was typing here into this blog thinking: Am I going to be able to post each and every day? For the most part I did. There were a few days here and there I missed. I've learned at least one thing, it's extremely hard to post each day.

It's been a good experience though. The purpose was to improve my writing. Not really sure if that happened. But I did manage to keep the family up-to-date with what has happened with us over this past year.

Some family members like to do the newsletter thing. You know, they type up a document, PDF it, and send it out via email. In the old days before email they'd send it by snail mail. But all that newsletter stuff is so last century. Who does THAT anymore?

Now we email, text message, and blog. Blogging saves the INBOX. If you like the blog, you'll visit often. If you don't, well you don't have to visit.

One of the things I read early on was that if you want people to visit your web site often you have to keep it fresh. So I figured that a blog a day is fairly fresh.

I was aiming for 365 blogs (one a day) but only made 335 blogs total for the year. Sometimes I didn't post the blog until a day or two later. I used MacJournal for recording and direct post to the blog. It's very handy.

What's left now? Not really sure. Maybe pictures, maybe text, maybe daily, maybe not. It's been said that if you do something for a month, 30 days in a row, it will become habit. Maybe I just wont be able to resist the post.

When we go to China I'll be blogging to the China blog, pictures and text.

See you next year.

...dave
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man. -Benjamin Franklin

0 comments: