Thursday, February 16, 2006

Super cool lens

Just bought a 12-24mm lens for the D70. Wow! You could take pictures from inside a thimble! This is basically a 18mm on a regular 35mm camera. Most 35s come with a 50mm (which is like the "normal" eye).

I've always liked wide angles. It gives me a feeling of being there. I feel as though I'm right in the middle of the action.

The National Geographic photographers use a lot of wide angle lenses. You'll see an image of a guy in a row boat or people in a tight Italian street or cafe. THAT was taken by a wide. You can't shot a picture from the bow of a rowboat with any "normal" lens. It needs a wide. The wides give a feeling of intimacy.

Anyway I thought I'd upload a few images taken tonight to give a feel for the lens. This will be a great lens for the China trip. There are so many people there and lots of crowds. Should come in handy.

...dave
Yikes! In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday!

0 comments: