Thursday, March 30, 2006

Early to bed, early to rise

I climbed into bed early and was out within a few minutes. But that means that my body woke me up at 4:00 a.m. Arrrggghhh.

So here I sit and type at our kitchen counter eating Shredded Wheat with blackberries. I love blackberries. They have got to be my favorite fruit now. I remember passing blackberry bushes on the way to school when I was a high school kid. They are green prickly bushes that you don't want to tangle with. So it was always a graceful dance, plucking the blackberries when they ripened. I never thought that the bushes might belong to someone. Like, for example, the homeowner who watched me pick their fruit from their window.

But I digress...

When I as a kid, my favorite breakfast cereal was LIFE. Great stuff. Now? Now it's too sweet for my taste. Shredded Wheat is like LIFE without the sugar. The wafers are slightly bigger. I get the three-in-one packet kind of Shredded Wheat. They're not bite sized. You have to break them up as you drop them into the bowl. That's part of the fun. I like to breakup the "hay rolls." That's what they remind me of: hay rolls. You know the kind I mean. They are those huge rolls of hay dotting the green fields off the long stretches of highway in the country.

Anyway, I went to bed early and now I pay for it.

It's been insane at the Enterprise. I'm drawing ever more frantically. Every minute the diagrams change because someone wants me to add this or that to make it complete. I've got another new boss. How many have I had since I joined in 2002? Six or seven? I burn them up very quick. I guess I push my bosses pretty hard.

It's time to get rocking...it's 6:20 and time to book!

...dave
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. -Cary Grant

0 comments: