Saturday, May 27, 2006

Waiting for traffic

I do a lot of driving. I do a lot of waiting. I try to go in to work by 6:20 a.m. and leave work by 4:00 p.m. but it doesn't always work out. Even when I do leave work on time I hit some traffic coming into the subdivisions. Georgia doesn't like to expand infrastructure when they build huge subdivisions so the traffic leaving the city all clog up in two lanes.

Sometimes I listen to chinesepod.com on my iPod. Sometimes I listen to NPR. But yesterday I did something different. I sketched the car in front of me. I mean, why not? I'm sitting in traffic anyway. I can't move until the light turns green. May as well spend some quality time in my sketchbook.

I drew this not so very interesting Ford Explorer in front of me. I had several opportunities since I waited through three light changes. Each time I edged closer to the light I sat for about a minute or so. I didn't have a chance to complete the whole SUV. That's why you only see half a car. Reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scene at the end.

This morning I decided to brush some color on it. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm having some fun anyway.

...dave
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." -Donald Rumsfeld

0 comments: