Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A View From The Top

I sit now at the top floor of our Enterprise Buildings. I'm at the 19th floor now. I've moved from a lower floor and to a better cube. The cube is next to the glass wall of windows that overlook Atlanta. It's a heady move. I also have a bigger cube with wrap around work surface. Which would have been fine in and of itself. The work surface I mean. But the view is grand.

I'm poised with my feet up on the window sill and glass coffee mug just a clutch away. This is the best part of the day. It's just 7:20. Few people have arrived. I've eaten my breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and a single strip of bacon. I have allocated another 20 minutes of writing before I start my day. It's a long day of meetings right through lunch and on into the afternoon. But for now, this is my time just before the craziness starts.

I glance up from my keyboard just past the notebook's screen and look north-eastward. I can see the orange circle raise from the horizon. The morning mist settles in the valleys like fluffy white cotton candy. It glistens in the morning sun.

The traffic below is a hum of bees streaming to work the city hives.

My coffee filters through the Sumatra grounds inside the brewing station. It's perched atop the small refrigerator that holds a small fortune of Peets coffee. (I'm a Peetnic. I get regular premium shipments of Peets coffee every other month. I stash them in my office fridge for fresh keeping.)

The phone is ringing. Time to start the day.

...dave
You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?

0 comments: