Thursday, March 20, 2008

Extractions

I'm slowly getting dumber. I just had my last two wisdom teeth pulled. That's four wisdom teeth pulled within the year. I am getting lighter. I do feel as though I've lost a bit of weight.

My favorite part of this whole ordeal is the going under. I may have mentioned this before. But I'm telling you it's great. They plunge the needle into the vein, administer the drug and I'm out. I wake up missing two teeth and with stitches in my jaw.

The really, really best part is going to Jamba Juice after the appointment. Ruth takes me to Jamba Juice to get a protein drink. I can't eat eight hours before the surgery. The appointment was at 2:30 p.m. I was hungry. So Jamba Juice is a great treat. It's like getting ice cream after having your tonsils out. It's like getting a happy face sticker at the dentist. Or it's like getting a box of 64 Crayola crayons and a new coloring book when you're sick. Remember the crayon sharpener built right into the back of the box? Very cool.

But I digress.

...dave
“I'll bet the hardest thing about prize fightin' is pickin' up yer teeth with a boxin' glove on.” - Kin Hubbard

0 comments: