Monday, June 09, 2008

ugly feet


ugly feet
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
Oddly enough, I like my jeans and the border better than the sketch in the book. The woman's feet came out looking ugly.

I got sort of bored with the feet so decided to draw and paint my jeans. I don't like the primary colors. I prefer the muted colors of Lazy Sunday. I'll go back to color mixing. Maybe I should have painted her feet.

Speaking of feet, I've been trying to get my feet to walk a mile-a-day. I'm taking the stairs more often. I park further from the exit when I go to the book store. If I can get in 2000 steps, I will have walked a mile. (My step counter doesn't calculate miles, only steps. It's a discount step-o-matic.)

I've been on this kick before, walking a mile a day. My biggest challenge is finding the time. One thing is certain, walking saves gas.

So today I took the stairs down from the 9th floor. I checked the step-o-meter before I left the floor. I was 602. I was getting sort of excited to see the numbers climb while I descended. When I got to the bottom of the building, the meter read the same as when I left the ninth floor. What's up with that? Doesn't it work going down the stairs?

Tomorrow I'm going to climb up four floors. I'd like to get to the point of walking up the nine flights of stairs. That would be a good work out.

...dave
You know you're into middle age when you realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.

2 comments:

Anita Davies said...

I think you did great with the feet, that angle is never flattering and ankles can be such a nightmare.
The foot viewers right could have done with a little mor instep, it looks a bit flat but the other foot works really well.
Nice touch to add your legs with your book resting on them.

daveterry said...

I just need more practice I guess. Thanks for the comments.
...dave