Thursday, November 20, 2008

Las Vegas page


Las Vegas page
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
This page reminds me of Las Vegas, all the signs going every which way. I woke up ill and so stayed in bed writing nonsense.

It really wasn't drawing in the truest sense of the word, but it was still journaling fun for sure.

And that's what a personal journal is all about, drawing, writing, painting, whatever. It's very therapeutic.

I bought some professional watercolors for sketching but haven't opened them yet. I'm still using travel my student set. I tried to paint a tree and it feels like I'm learning how to draw all over again. I need to take some classes. I haven't a clue.

Whenever I get some free time, away from my real job, I'll jump in with the first lesson in the DIY book I've got. It looks simple enough.

I wander if Michelangelo has this kind of trouble. You know, not knowing how to draw. It's seems too fantastic to be so. I just think he was born with a brush in his hand.

Oh, I finally dumped my coins into a coin machine. Six and a half pounds of nickles and dimes yielded $83.17.

...dave
If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all. - Michelangelo

0 comments: