Thursday, November 27, 2008

Unplugged?


elegant design
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
Everything is becoming far too complicated these days. You can't just walk in the store and buy something. You get asked far too many questions.

It's even hard to purchase a simple box of donuts without the questions.

I walked into the Dunkin Donuts near work to pick up a dozen for the office.

"Can I help you?"

"Sure, I'd like a dozen donuts."

"Are these for male or female?"

"Huh?"

"Are these donuts for the guys or for the gals?"

"Are you serious? Can it really matter?"

"Well, if you get pink toppings with sprinkles for the guys, you'll have a riot."

I really couldn't believe what I was hearing. I looked around the donut shop to see if anyone else thought this a ludicrous discussion over a box of donuts. But they all looked at me as if this was perfectly logical and I was the one clueless.

"Okay then; make it mixed."


Am I in a dream?

Or is this woman completely unplugged?

...dave
They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Theoretically Related Posts

3 comments:

Papa Joe said...

What is freedom of choice without choices...I guess...

At Starbucks, I thought I would head off the usual final question by volunteering: "No room for cream, thanks." But noooo...they still have more closing questions: 'Anything from our deli today...?' 'Have you signed up for our new...?'

Why can't you believe that I just have a plain black coffee?

MD said...

Ohhhh :-) (Big grin all over my face!) How daft! I would have fallen around laughing if I'd been involved in that conversation! love the sketch too!

MD

PS I seem to remember Monty Python doing a sketch about daft questions asked by shopkeepers...very funny.

daveterry said...

These things always make me fell as though I'm in a dream. I keep pinching myself.
...dave