Saturday, December 06, 2008

O.J. in the slammer


O.J.
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
It's too bad about O.J.

I had so much more confidence in his lawyers than this.

I can't understand how they could have gotten him off for double homicide but not armed robbery and a bit of kidnapping.

I've lost all confidence in lawyers now.

Maybe it was his defense?

"I just wanted to get my personal things from my friend. I didn't mean to steal anything."

But the judge wasn't buying it: "When you take a gun with you and you take men with you ... in a show of force, that's not just a 'Hey, give me my stuff back.'

Maybe the problem was with the new lawyer added to his team? He himself went to jail for homicide after someone was killed in a barroom scuffle.

Anyway, O.J. will get at least 9 years in the slammer; all over a few photos, a signed pigskin, and the suit he wore at his murder trial.

So, double murder with good lawyers gets you freedom, but stealing back the suit that you wore at the trial gets you 9 years.

Go figure.

I just wonder if his release from the previous trial emboldened him to commit the second crime.

...dave
Because sentence against a bad work has not been executed speedily, that is why the heart of the sons of men has become fully set in them to do bad. - Ecclesiastes 8:11

0 comments: