Thursday, March 03, 2005

Quality

Rats. I just looked at yesterday's post and realized all of my grammar errors. This drives me nuts. I must edit and re-edit ten times before posting and I still miss errors.

Part of the problem is, I rush. Most of the problem is that I just have bad editing skills. But I think there is another reason too. When I look at the original writing, the words wrap differently then in the final post. When I see the final post I realize that I've typed a double word, or used past tense with a present tense structure, or some other error. I really think it's caused in part by seeing the text in another format. Strange but true.

I'm trying to concentrate here but there is something on the counter that's driving me mad...chocolates.

I just grabbed a Ghiradelli chocolate, sitting here next to me. Ruth picked up a box of these and they are habit forming. There are four types in the box: Double chocolate, Caramel chocolate, Roasted almonds in chocolate, and White Mint chocolate. So many choices and so little time.

The double chocolates have a soft chocolate inside a hard chocolate shell. They're creamy and very smooth. Just a minute while I check the White Mint....

Wow, that's great. Yeah, I'd say that every one is a keeper.

If only my posts could have that much quality, smoothness, and variety.

And talking about quality, I seem to migrate toward people that have high standards. Many of the people I work with are high calibre developers. One of them told me: "I don't tolerate mediocrity." Yeah? They why are you working with me?

...dave
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. - Catherine Aird

0 comments: