Friday, September 30, 2005

Disgruntled Grunts

I was talking to one of the managers who got a two week notice from one of his employees. After the notice, he didn't see him at work. A few days later he called him to ask if they could meet to discuss "knowledge transfer." Knowledge transfer is just a fancy name for turning over your projects to the next person.

Anyway, the guy showed up 30 minutes later. The manager learned that the employee come from home. In fact, the employee had been at home since he turned in his two week notice.

"Are you still getting a check?" he asked his employee.

"Yeah, of course. I gave a two week notice remember?"

"Then why aren't you coming to work?"

"You mean you expect me to show up for work after I've put in my two week notice?"

"Well, yeah. You're getting a check, right?"

With that the guy walked over to his desk, pickup up his notebook and dropped it, destroying the machine. Then he walked right out of the meeting.

So the manager terminated him.

But I don't think it's that bad. Now if he had thrown it at him, THAT would have been bad!

Talk about a disgruntled employee.

...dave
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

0 comments: