Thursday, September 29, 2005

Parking lot walk

Sometimes, for lunch I'll go for a walk. Since our building is in the middle of on-ramps and off-ramps, I end up walking through out our parking lot. It's huge. No, it's VERY huge. It's about an eighth of a mile from end to end. If I walk up and down all the ramps from end to end, I'll end up getting in five miles for the day.

My feeling sluggish is what inspired this little walk. Besides, I figured, I can bring along my Chinese flash cards and get some study in at the same time. Sure it looks weird, but hey, what do I care? I'm healthier and smarter for doing it!

Anyway, as I was trying to recall the meaning of the foreign Chinese character staring back at me on the top card, I glanced up at the rear trunk of a car. There, on the trunk lid, was a yellow ribbon magnet. I don't know why these folks have to tell us all about their favorite charities but they do. It occurred to me that I have never owned, or wanted to own, a bumper sticker or a magnet. I think they are rediculous. The only exception I'd make would be a magnet sticker that says "bumper stickers" with a NOT sign through it, you know, one of those red circles with a line through it.

I guess my mind wondered and I began counting all the magnets on the back of these cars. It was certainly easier than trying to figure out all those weird characters on my cards. In addition to the "My kid's an honor student" and the yellow ribbons, there were magnet stickers for teams, events, sayings, fish shapes, and evolution shapes. (I realized that magnet stickers is not correct. They are either magnets or stickers.)

It was then that it occurred to me. Wouldn't it be fun to collect all the stickers and then distribute them as I saw fit? You know, switch the fish magnets with the evolution magnets. Or switch the football team magnets. Or cover an entire car with all the magnets from the entire garage!

Wouldn't THAT be great fun.

...dave
A bumper sticker I might want to own: Hey lady, you are driving a car, not a phone booth!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great content eh!
Visit my site too, relating to credit card debt consolidate site. It deals with credit card debt consolidate and other related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)