Friday, November 04, 2005

Riding Home


I often talk about how great it is to feel the wind in your face with the top down but to understand it is to feel it.

I think that's why people love horseback riding. In a way, I'm riding 225 horses home from work. I get the same wind in my face. Maybe a little more wind since I'm riding more than just a single horse, but just as fun all the same.

My favorite part is coming up Bernt Hickory. It's beautiful. It runs through the park, and now the trees are all turning. It's absolutely the most beautiful thing you could ever experience.

The two lane rode twists and lingers up and through the mild hills of Kennesaw park. The trees lean toward me, tunnel-like. I smell flower and pine fragrances blow past me in whips of wind in the straight away and and gentle breezes in corners . Some hills roll up and down to my right and left in gentle pastures or in huge lawn carpets ending at massive stone homes nestled in the hills. The sun filters through the leaves, and fingers of light tickle my face as I race along the ribbon of road through sun dappled trees.

What could be more peaceful, what could be more beautiful than an open-top ride home after work on a cool autumn day?

...dave
Everything in life is speaking in spite of it's apparent silence. -Hazrat Inayat Khan

0 comments: