Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mind Performance Hacks

What a great read. This book I'd highly recommend. Wow!

I've been looking for some book that can kick my brain to the next level. I've been at this Chinese language learning thing but it's kicking my butt. I'm at a plateau. I can't get to the next level.

I've listened to the Pimsleur CDs (40 of them so far), read lots of books, and practiced my Chinese characters, but I'm still having a tough time of it. I just can't remember what I forgot!

Which reminds me of the poor guy who went to see his doctor about his memory problem:

"Doctor, doctor, I can't remember from one minute to the next what I was thinking."

"How long has that been going on?"

"How long has what been going on?"

But I digress...

Anyway, while looking online I came across this fascinating book: Mind Performance Hacks by Ron Hale-Evans (what's up with these hyphenated last names?). The book touts itself as "Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain."

The book is divided into several sections: Memory, Creativity, Clarity, Math, Mental Fitness, etc. Thirteen reviewers gave it a five star.

If you want to get a glimpse of a few chapters, check out the five chapters available in PDF online.

...dave
"I may be having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I may have forgotten this before." - Stephen Wright

0 comments: