Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cafeteria Open Time

I was standing around this morning waiting for the cafeteria to open. That's the second time this week. What's going on? I asked "Bubba" my chef: "Hey what's up with the cafeteria? Did someone change the time or something?"

"Yeah, the new guy decided to change it from 6:30 to 6:45."

I'm thinking 'What could possibly motivate someone to move it 15 minutes?' and 'Who is The New Guy?' so I asked.

"Our new CEO decided that 6:45 is a better time for the morning. The previous CEO thought that leaving the cafeteria open until 10:00 was too late so you'll remember it was changed to 8:30 a.m."

No I don't remember because I never go down to the cafeteria at 10:00 a.m. But then, who cares when people go down to eat breakfast or grab a cup of coffee? What's with all this control-freak CEO stuff anyway? You mean to tell me that the CEO is making the decision on something as mundane as the open time of the cafeteria? Ludicrous!

And he thinks that by closing the cafeteria at 8:30 a.m. he'll get lazy people to stay at their desks? He's mad. If we've got lazy people fire them! The more laws you make the less control you have. If the bosses of those lethargic souls can't control their own people, then they should be fired.

I'm dying to hear why the new CEO moved the open time from 6:30 to 6:45. That'll be my next question to Bubba when I come in tomorrow.

I thought CEOs focus on the P & L (Profit and Loss) and on the customer and the stock and stuff like that. I never imagined they determined the cafeteria open time. No wonder they have to work the weekends. They have to make all those important decisions.

...dave
Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself. -Francis Meehan

0 comments: