Friday, February 02, 2007

New Sketching Brush

I’ve converted over to brush sketching, at least for a few months. It’s so discouraging. Russell Stutler got me started. His stuff is awesome. Wow! Inspiring in fact.

It was his article on the Pentel brush that got me to thinking about trying it myself.

Trouble is, my sketching ability has gone right down the drain. It ain’t pretty anymore. Before I'd tackle anything and felt fairly sure I could draw it. Ain’t so with the brush. It’s very hard to control even using Russell’s techniques. I need lots of practice. And then I’ll need some more practice. After that I should be able to practice again. Maybe by the time I’m 80 I’ll get it.

I’ll post as I go. Should be interesting to see improvement.
Check out Russell’s stuff. Fantastic.

...dave
I saw a sign: "Rest Area 25 Miles". That's pretty big. Some people must be really tired. -- Steven Wright

0 comments: