Monday, May 21, 2007

Commuting in the slooooow lane

One of the reasons I go in early to work is so that I can avoid traffic. It doesn't make any sense to me to crawl in traffic when I can speed along if I just leave a few minutes early. That is of course unless I get behind a slug.

This morning a big Navigator pulled out in front of me and then proceeded to go the speed they were going in their little subdivision. It was painful. They were going so slow I could make out the treads in their rear tire. This is nuts. I resisted the horn. It's so barbaric, especially in the morning.

And so it went. We braked at every turn and bend in the road. We stopped for the five second pause at every stop sign. We did our makeup in the visor mirror. Yeah, it was a fun time. We were actually going slower then the speed limit allowed. Completely oblivious to the universe around us. It was as if we were the only moving things in the galaxy.

So, instead of getting to work in about 22 minutes. It took me two days.

But, I have to remember, nine out of ten drivers in Georgia carry a gun . I'm trying to get from point A to point B. I'm not giving driving instructions.

...dave
We're all different. That's what makes us the same.

0 comments: