Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Smoothie


smoothie
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
I was feeling under the weather. (What does THAT mean, we are all "under" the weather.) English no make any sense.

Anyway, I tried all kinds of stuff to snap out of it. I was lethargic, exhausted, and even had a sore throat.

I finally decided to try to find a Jamba Juice place, or a least something similar. It turns out, after doing a store search, that Jamba Juice is only in 20 states. But alas, mine is not one of them.

So I settle on Planet Smoothie. It sounded so good. I remember how good one of those smoothie drinks went down just after having my wisdom teeth out. I can't wait. I pulled myself into the car and motored down there, just a 10 minute drive from my house. It was closed.

Rats.

I drove around aimlessly looking for something similar. When I'm not looking for those places they seem to be on every corner. Now I can't find an open Planet Smoothie anywhere on the planet.

I find a health food store and decide to make my own. I find a packet of nutrition that has 200% of the daily requirements of vitamins A to Z. I buy two. I drive to a Whole Foods and buy blackberries, strawberries, and two kiwis (the fruit, not the people).

I blend it up into a purple drink (the blackberries had some influence here) and chug it down. It's refreshing, soothing, energizing. Wow. I ought to open my own shop. This is easy.

I feel better by the afternoon and do some study and reading. At 8:40 p.m. R and I decide to go for a 2.4 mile walk. We risk our lives walking back to the house through the darkness.

...dave
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

2 comments:

Anita Davies said...

LOL...Your post had me laughing out loud...literally. You write well and the sketch is great too...I'll be back!

daveterry said...

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the post. I'll be back too.
...dave