Friday, September 12, 2008

the slob


the slob
Originally uploaded by daveterry.
I am really hoping I'm missing something here.

I'm hoping this outfit is cool and I just, like, don't get it. I'm trying to get it, really.

Is this attire considered decent? This lady, and I use the term loosely, is actually wearing an undershirt in public. And it's a muscle-type undershirt mostly seen on muscle men. This undershirt couldn't cover armpits or bra straps.

The ridges of the undershirt expanded and contracted when she breathed, thus attracting attention to her string bean frame. The expansion and contraction arrested my attention for a few moments. I thought I was watching the hospital respirator of a deathbed victim.

She hunkered over the postage stamp sized table and scarfed her pie. The camouflage hat was pulled down across her brow. Her hair was tucked up underneath like a wiring harness under a greasy undercarriage. Her tiny pony tail jutted out rudely from under the cap like the cigar tailpipe of a kid's souped-up Honda Civic.

She did have a pearl stud earring, in her ear. Sometimes they appear other places but this one at least was in the right place.

Seriously, I wouldn't even wear this get-up in private.

...dave
It's always the badly dressed people who are the most interesting. - Jean Paul Gaultier

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Oooh 'girl with a pearl earring'...How times have changed eh! LOL!

Gabriel Campanario said...

if it wasn't for interesting urban attire like this one sketching wouldn't be as much fun, nice journal entry. i enjoyed reading your vegas post too

daveterry said...

So true. Love your stuff Anita and Gabi. I'm at your site more than mine!

...dave