Sunday, May 30, 2010

Garden & Art Books


Borders w/garden & art books
Originally uploaded by daveterry
Ruth loves garden books and I love art books so we decided to go to the bookstore last night.

We usually go late at night, about an hour or so before they close. It's usually quiet then and we can often find a chair to read in. I wish they were open 24 hours a day. We could sit in a Borders bookstore forever, without food and water. Well, maybe not without coffee. But I digress.

We started in the art section. I had found a very good watercolor book earlier that I wanted to show her. I was looking to "inspire" her so that she'd join me in this illustrated journal sketch activity of mine. She said she needs a "spark" to get started. But soon after I showed her the book, she disappeared around the corner.

Where'd she go?

I found her in a dark leather chair reading a huge garden book.

Ruuuuth! You're not focusing here. I thought you said you needed a spark to get started!? Whatdaya gunna to do when we go on the sketch date? You are NOT taking this seriously!

I think I'll be sketching alone while she goes out into the garden to pet the bees drunk with nectar. (I kid you not. She can actually pet the bees!)

...dave
Art is like a border of flowers along the course of civilization. – Lincoln Steffens
Theoretically Related Posts

0 comments: