Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"The Procedure"


"The Procedure"
Originally uploaded by daveterry
All went well. I'm home now. All can say is:

The worst part is the day before and the best part was the meal after!

That's all I'll say about that.

So after a day drinking clear fluids and a half day waiting for the doctor, I was out within 15 minutes.

And again, why is this? I arrive at 10:45 for an 11:30 appointment but don't get in until 1:00 and still wait another 30 minutes? Do the doctors think they are the only ones who are busy? Don't they realize I've got sketching to do?

Afterwards Ruth treated me to an IHOP breakfast. She said I could have anything I wanted...just about. (Couldn't have bacon, sausage, or spicy stuff. Rats.)

So I ordered Strawberry Cheesecake Buttermilk Pancakes, three eggs, hash browns, and coffee. Whoa!

But I was still wasted after the meal so I listlessly lay out on the back porch for hours watching the clouds pass overhead and soon fell asleep.

It's a balmy 80 degrees outside with a slight breeze. Snickers (our cat) lay next to me sprawled out just as happy as a clam to have a backyard companion.

...dave
No man should plant more garden than his wife can hoe. - Anon

2 comments:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Good choice! It's always fun to be rewarded for medical visits or trips to the dentist.

I'm drawing more food lately. Sometimes it's hard not to take a bite. Rob, my husband, is real sweet about waiting to eat until our dinner is captured :)

daveterry said...

He's a patient guy then! I was drawing from a picture on the menu. I was so hungry I just dove in when it came.
...dave